& compationate psychiatric care.
TMS – Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
My Psychiatrist is accepting new Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation patients. TMS therapy uses highly-focused magnetic pulses to stimulate the areas of the brain known to control mood. The pulsed magnetic field may have a positive effect on the brain’s neurotransmitter levels. Treating depression with TMS therapy provides a breakthrough depression treatment for those who have not been satisfied with the results they have had with antidepressant drugs.
My Psychiatrist has partnered with Greebrook TMS centers to provide TMS Therapy in Reston and Ashburn.
Please watch the patient education video below and visit our site.
The benefits of TMS Therapy include:
- No drug related side effects such as weight gain, sexual problems, stomach problems, sleepiness or
- No sedation required, you are awake and alert during treatment and can even drive yourself home or to work immediately following treatment
- Nothing enters your body or your bloodstream
- 2 in 3 patients reported reduction in depression scores at the end of the acute phase of TMS Therapy
- Significant cost savings relative to There have been many studies and clinical trials involving TMS therapy over
Recently, in open-label clinical trials:
- 1 in 2 patients suffering with depression improved significantly,
- 1 in 3 patients were completely free of depression symptoms after six weeks of treatment.