& compationate psychiatric care.
Mental Health Clinic – Reston-Herndon, VA
Cancellation and Reschedule Policy (updated 1/2020)
MY PSYCHIATRIST does not overbook appointments. A specific time is allocated exclusively for your appointment. Your clinician and other patients are directly affected if you fail to show up for your scheduled appointment or show up late.
- All appointments must be canceled before 48 hours (not including weekend) prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Failure to do so will result in a missed appointment charge. The charges are as follows:
- $80.00 for 15 and 30 minute appointments.
- $125.00 for 45 and 60 minute appointments.
- Should you arrive late for an appointment, please understand that your provider may not be able to see you and you will be assessed a late cancellation fee as noted above. We will make every effort to reschedule your appointment in a timely manner.
- It is your responsibility to correctly record your appointment time when you schedule. My Psychiatrist will send a courtesy reminder email or text 1-2 days prior to appointment day.
- In the event of snow or inclement weather, you may cancel an appointment with less than the required notice if Federal Government (not the local schools) is closed and if you call to cancel appointment PRIOR to the appointment time.
When you arrive at our clinic for the first time you will be required to fill out several forms. To expedite your waiting time you may choose to complete these before your appointment and bring with you when you arrive.
When You Arrive
We ask that you show up 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment. When you do, make sure to have the following with you:
- Any medications or herbal supplements that you are currently taking
- Your insurance card
- Your photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport
- Any previous medical or laboratory records
Please review the following documents to understand our clinic policy and procedures: